Sunday, August 2, 2015

New Photo of Me

Here's an updated photo of me...taken by me on my Computer yesterday...after my massage...without any make-up!  I've just been feeling so good...more energetic and more calm than ever.  A couple of people have remarked that I look so good.  Thank you!  

I've experienced much more healing from Bell's Palsy, which I got hit...
with in May 2012 and then again in August 2014 {this time on both sides of my face}...as you can see from my photo.  I'm so thankful for every little bit of restoration.

I'm also eating better, getting more sleep, praying more, turning the rough stuff over to the Lord to take care of {so worrying less}, enjoying my pups more...and the 49# weight loss I've had in the past 4 months.  Yes, Monday will be 4 months already since my husband left me.  Other than talking to him on the phone ONE TIME, the day he left, I haven't spoken to him since.  He doesn't contact me at all.  And of course, his family won't contact me either.  So, I don't know how he is or anything...just so you know.


Here is a Collage of photos of me that date back to 1981...34 years ago...they are all dated.  The 3 photos down the left side are all from my Bell's Palsy Videos...quick snapshots.  What do you think?  Not bad for a 31 year time span, if I must say myself.  Certainly GREAT for being 65 years young!

The Lord has shown me that I have to look after myself and the Pups.  I must move on with my life.  How do I know that He has shown me these things?  I prayed for direction.  He gave it to me via my new Church I-Campus...through Joyce Meyer, TV Evangelist...Bible verses and I feel when I step out in faith, doing something that He tells me to do...a calmness, assured that it is the right thing to do.

While I never wanted to be alone...this is what was decided for me by someone else.  I could have curled up and decided to become a hermit...I could have allowed myself to have pity party after pity party...I could have become depressed...but I chose to ask God for help.  And help, He did.  He loves and cares for me and is ALWAYS there for me.

I have developed some new habits in the past 4 months: 

Instead of complaining about something, I list at 3 things I'm Grateful For instead {thoughts from Joyce Meyer TV Show}
I'm hardly on my computer {Huge change}
I spend alot more time with God - Reading & Praying
I've been attending church - ICampus and In Person
Reading more...especially Joyce Meyers books as well as others
Snuggling with My Puppies More
Getting Ready for the Day by 8am every day
Following a House Cleaning Schedule
Getting my Decorating Finished
Eating Well
Sleeping Better
Exercising via Heavy Lifting
Losing Weight - 49# and 33" in 4 Months
Enjoying My Life

Thank God for His Love and Faithfulness 

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post, Jan! You do look wonderful and I'm so proud of how you're doing! I'm so glad the Bell's Palsy is so much better. I can really tell in your pictures. Maybe all of the stress you were in kept it coming back? Yeah, girl, you go! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, what a great post and you are beautiful in all your pics. I can see the difference since the BP and of course the great weight loss too. I am so thankful for your improvement and how far you've come on this journey. I feel like Shelia, less stress has got to be helping too. God is right by your side and walking with you each and everyday.
    Sending hugs and prayers always.
    cm
    p.s. I'm on a bit of a staycation and gearing up for the busy season, less on line right now but dropping in here and there when needed. Good Luck in my giveaway!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful, Jan! I can see the happiness in your face :)

    I hope you're getting a good lawyer. Not that it's any of my business, but you should, love. It's time.

    (((hugs)))
    rue

    ReplyDelete