Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sooo Easy and Sooo Good

Strawberries & Cream No-Bake Pie Filling and Topping
1/3 cup water 
1 ½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin
4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
3 containers (6 oz each) Greek Fat Free strawberry yogurt
2 cups frozen (thawed) lite whipped topping 
1 ½ cups large chopped fresh strawberries
½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
Crust
 1 graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)

Directions
Sprinkle gelatin over the water; let stand 10 minutes. Microwave 15 seconds.

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add yogurt and gelatin mixture; beat on low speed until well blended. Fold in whipped topping.  Gently fold 1 ½ cups strawberries into the mixture and spoon into crust.  Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.  Before serving, garnish pie with additional whipped topping and remaining ½ cup sliced strawberries.

*note photo doesn’t show strawberries in pie – that was my idea.   Can be made in a 9” spring form pan.

Try it, you and your family and guests will love it!

I'm linking up to TOHOT with the following blogs:

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, Hope you are doing well and enjoying some good summer weather. That pie just looks like the perfect summer refreshment. I have made a lot of pies in my lifetime...but I could never cook as well as my late mother in law. She was an amazing cook. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, wow this looks great. I will have to try it when I am better and can eat normal again. Hopefully soon!! Have a great upcoming weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I've had this before and I'm so glad you shared the recipe so I can make it too. It's very low calorie, I believe. :)

    Hope you are having a nice summer. Loving the Yanni music while I visit today.

    Thank you so much for joining us. Happy Thoughts of Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan! Ooh, this sounds good! Thank you so much for popping in and I know I've missed a lot. I scrolled down and saw you didn't have to serve jury duty! Yay! I was called two weeks before we moved from Texas to New York and couldn't believe it and I was picked! It didn't last long but it was so exhausting! How's your patio coming along? Take care of yourself!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, stopping by to say hello and hope this finds you doing well during your break time. Hope summer is treating you well and the pups are doing good too. Sending warm wishes your way. Hugs

    ReplyDelete