Sunday, March 4, 2018

All of My Pups, Have New Homes

On January 25th Ronda made a trip from her home in South Bend, Indiana to mine in Michigan.  Prior to our visit, we had several text and phone conversations.  I asked alot of questions.  I was intent on getting a home for my girl, where she had a furry brother or sister...and where she'd be taken care of and would be happy!   Angel is a 4 1/2 year old Coton deTulear.  The visit went very well and at the end of our visit, Ronda and Angel left for home to meet her furry brother, Mr. Darcy, a schnauzer.  When they left, I was crying and sobbing.  I knew I'd miss her terribly.  But I also knew that I had done the most difficult thing, but yet the best thing I could ever do for her.  And I knew she was happy.



The very next day, January 26th, Jenifer arrived for her meet and greet with Rosie, a nearly 8yr old Toy Poodle.  Jenifer and I spent many hours on the phone talking and texting back and forth.  She has worked for a dog rescue, so she knows first hand how hard these re-homings of my Pups was.  She was very interested in making Rosie a part of her family, but she was and still is, concerned about me and what I was and still am going through.  She was very loving and caring both to me, Rosie and Jasper when we met.  By the time the visit was over, I knew, without a doubt that Rosie would like a good and happy life, loved by both her mommy and furry brother, Enzo.  I also was assured that her a loving family, 3 step children and her husband would also fall in love with her.  Just this week, I found out that her dad now refers to her as his "little girlfriend".  How precious.

After alot of work, over a couple of weeks, Jasper finally had his first meet and greet.  Several other people scheduled theirs and then cancelled or didn't show up. before Mary and her loving furry Pup, Snowball showed up.  They drove nearly 900 miles coming here, all the way from South Carolina.  It was love at first site for all of us.  Mary and Snowball spent the night here at my house before heading for home the next morning.  They drove about half way home and stopped at her son's house in West Virginia, where they spent the past 2 days.  They will be heading home to South Carolina today.  Jasper did very well at Mary's sons' house, with Snowball and Midnight, a much bigger dog who belongs to Mary's son. Jasper chased Midnight around the housing, barking at him.  I can just picture Jasper, who weighs 8#, chasing around a 50# dog...running him ragged!!  LOL!!

While this has been difficult for me and for the PuppyKids, in my head I know I did what I had to do, to find someone to care for them, love them and provide for them...when I knew I couldn't.  I knew I did the best thing for them.  That's why I wanted to do the re-homing process myself, so that I would feel good about where and who they were with.  I wanted alot of things...and one was that the new families keep in touch with me, sharing photos, videos and everyday things...to help me through this difficult transition.  And they've all done that.  I am so thankful and very happy with my selections and the friendships I have formed with these new families. 

There are alot of things I'm working on, keeping busy with and adding things to my list, too!  I know I'll be fine...I don't give up.  I keep putting one foot in front of the other and getting things done.  One thing before I leave Michigan, I have to say goodbye to my two BEST friends here...something else that will be sad and difficult to do.

Please continue praying for me...I appreciate it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment