Friday, August 9, 2013

Re-Decorating Things Around the House

Since we got NEW furniture several months ago, I thought a few things needed to be "spruced up"...and these are some of the items that will be making it into the "scheme of things" around here!  
And...once again...Animal Prints (leopard) will be making an appearance...oh how I love it!!  You know, when you start a project, it just has a mind of it's own...and one thing leads to another.  Work on the Master Bedroom, painting...then it's Curtains, Bedding, Pillows, New Accessories...a new Dog Bed and more.  Then that travels...
into the Master Bathroom.  Paint, Curtains, Towels, Rugs, Accessories...maybe some outlet covers, new lighting and more.  And then since the Master Bedroom can be seen from the Great Room...things more things need to change.  Maybe furniture?  Window Coverings?  Area Rug?  Pillows for the Sofa?  Accessories, Mirrors, Pictures?  And on and on it goes.  Here are some of my ideas AROUND THE HOUSE.  I love these valances...they're gorgeous.


 
And I've always LOVED Lace
(my curtains will not be puddled on the floor)
Great Storage Bench...animal print too!


Beautiful framed and matted PINK Lady Art


Of course, my NEW Bronze Dining Room Chandelier, with the Leopard Print Shades I added Roses and Pearls to, will be there.


A Syroco Clock dated in the 60's - with Roses!!  It's an 8-day wind-up Clock!

Close-Up of Pattern in Bedspread


A tailored and textured Bedspread in Ivory
 Plush, VERY plus rugs for the Bathroom...Ivory


2 Sisters & a Cherub Artwork


Plush, VERY plush Ivory Bath Towels


Johnson Brothers Oversized Tea Cup and Saucer



Fabric from Mary Rose Collection


Another Beautiful Matted & Framed Print - Piano - Fireplace


10'x13'7" Area Rug - Roses Black Background...Gold, Beige and Burgundy


Another Framed & Matted Piece of Art -  Lady Holding Roses - Beautiful and Large!

Now...you'll have to wait til I get all of the decorating finished...and then I'll have final photos!

Some of you may remember that before I got Bell's Palsy nearly a year and a half ago, I was in the midst of doing some re-decorating...REMEMBER?  Well, I never totally completed everything and have since started all over again.  So, things are ALWAYS changing around here!!  The other day hubby said, I thought that when we got the artwork, we were finished.  Then you got furniture too.  Now, you're re-doing all the other stuff?  I could only chuckle...and say, "You knew I was an Interior Designer and was always changing things around wherever I lived, why would you think this home would be any different?  Nothing will ever stay the same for long!"

7 comments:

  1. JAN!!! What a wonderful surprise to see your name pop up this Friday. I love your visits, my friend.
    How have you been? How is summer treating you? Off to catch up with your posts.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia!! I've been doing well - busy and just enjoying the summer. Haven't been posting alot this summer...so that's why you haven't seen me around.

      Delete
  2. A lot of favorites here, but that bedspread is to die for. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the bedspread...I can't wait to get it and the shams that match. I hope it looks at least as good as it does in the photos - or even BETTER!! :)

      Delete
  3. You have such good taste! I love everything here...including the music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Linda. I've been an Interior Designer for over 35 years...and love decorating. I tend to mix different styles and textures, patterns and colors to achieve a "romantic, chic look". I'm glad you love the music!! So do I!!

      Delete
  4. Girl, did you rob a bank? :) Those are some pretty things and I can't wait to see your rooms. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Have a great weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete