Friday, May 2, 2014

The PuppyKids Get Haircuts

Ordinarily, I do all of the Grooming of our Pups. I began with Jasper soon after he came to live with us.  That was after I'd taken him to a Groomer who scalped him.  I was livid and told them so and Jasper's groom was free.  Yeah, free!  Initially, they tried charging me $62.00 for his Maltese cut.   He was 9 months old and will be 6 years old in August.  Then we got Benny & Rosie and I did their grooming too.  Benny had the cutest Daisy Duke pants in the pattern of the hair
on his butt.  Everyone who saw him, commented on them.  Sometimes he was shaved, with longer hair on his  paws.  Cute.  Rosie was groomed as a Poodle.  Angel of course would also be groomed by me.  So, going to a Groomer, was a real change for them and for me...because they all went to a Groomer.  Somehow, I saw that there was a Groomer about 5 minutes away from me...and I called to find out some info on prices and what they provide for those charges.

Jasper, our almost 6 year old Maltese
{I had checked around before I called the new groomer...and found for a full groom...charges of anywhere from $47 - $62 for a Maltese, Poodle or Coton de Tulear.  I know I wouldn't have taken them to the $47 place - Petco - because that's who scalped Jasper...and $62 times 3 Pups gets expensive.}

But after calling Aunt Linda's Pet Grooming in Luna Pier, Michigan, I was feeling pretty good about the place and Aunt Linda.  I'd seen her and commented on her Facebook page and soon after, she commented right back.
Rosie our 4 year old Toy Poodle
Here are the pictures of the 3 Pups...Before they were Groomed and After Grooming, with their Harnesses on and ascot around Jasper's neck and bows in Angel and Rosie's hair.  They turned out beautifully and Linda was so accomodating...and helpful.  The pups loved her and the other staff.  When we (hubby and I) came to pick them up, they ran back to Linda to give kisses and she hadn't even given them any treats!!  She'd asked if they could have them, since they'd be there for several hours and I said I didn't want them to have any.  But, we did bring a few with us when we returned to get them! 
 Don't they look GREAT?  They had a beautiful Spa Day, with Aunt Linda and the Gang and we didn't break the bank.  $90 for all three Pups...for a full groom on each!  We'll be going back there with our PuppyKids.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...those faces...that music. I could skip dinner but Mr. G. is at the door waiting.
    I stopped briefly to grab your link, and I'll be back tomorrow morning to enjoy with my first cup of coffee.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful, Jan! Wow, what a deal at just $30 per pup! Just look at those sweet faces, the groomer did an excellent job, bet you are so glad to have found her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    Your doggies are precious. I love the all-white Jasper. I used to have a dog named Jasper too. I love it when they are all groomed. I wanted to thank you for your comment on Jesse's post. Nel is heartbroken. They have another dog named Ozzy, and I'm sure the sweet dog is wondering where Jesse is. Having a dog is great, but it breaks your heart when they leave us. Your comment meant so much to me and Nel. Thank you again. Give your dogs a hug from Sheri, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, Love the new do's for the puppykids. So cute in the before and afters. I bet they feel great all fresh and clean!! You found an excellent groomer. Great pics. Give them all a puppy hug from me.
    Love the music.
    Have a great weekend!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete