Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Rosie Went to the Vet Today

Three weeks ago today, Rosie went to the Vet because of a "mole" on her hip.  Our Vet drew fluid from it to test it and it came back as a a non-cancerous Cyst.  So, we were told to watch the spot and if it healed up and went away, we'd be OK.  If, on the other hand, it reappeared and filled again, we may end up having to surgically remove it.  Last night, after being very quiet all day long...
Rosie jumped up in my lap and laid down for a massage.  I gave her a "once over" and felt a hot spot near her hip.  Then I touched it...and found about a 5" pancake sized swelling around the cyst.  Of course it was around 8pm, long after the Vet's office was closed.  In the meantime, I decided to do Reiki on it (I'm a Level II Reiki Practitioner} and then I did some Acupressure too.  She went to bed and sometime during the night, the cyst burst, leaving her with a crusty mess when she woke up this morning.  I got ready early and called when the Vet's office opened for an appointment.  At 10am we were there.

First off, the Vet sounded surprised at how quickly this thing had swelled and then even more surprised that it had burst within several hours of the swelling.  I guess normally, it either has to be aspirated or it takes a couple to 3 days to burst on it's own.  So, we talked about the Reiki and acupressure and the affect they had on her cyst and swelling.


The Vet shaved the area, so I can keep it clean and keep a watchful eye on it. It's draining still.  It is infected and she is taking anti-biotics for the next 14 days.  Hopefully that and continued Reiki, Acupressure and Essential Oils to reduce inflammation and clean the wound will help with a quick healing process.

Please say a prayer for Rosie.  I'd appreciate it.  

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jan! Poor little Rosie! I'm so sorry and hopefully with the meds and the care you're giving her, she'll heal just fine. Chloe Dawn used to get these lipomas and the vet called them "Schnauzer bumps". They would begin to grow and finally would pop on their own and then I keep a special antibiotic cream on it for a week or so.When she first started getting them, it scared me to death, took her to the vet and wanted them to lance it. She told me it was just something that happened to Schnauzers and they weren't harmful or malignant, just aggravating. I know it's not quite the same as little Rosie's but I know how concerned we are when something happens to our little fuzzy faces.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Jan, how scary. Our fur babies mean the world to us. Lipomas are so common for Schnauzers. Our Lacy had one, that was cancerous. I hope Rosie heals quickly. Keep us posted, Big Hugsm Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you found it and took such good care of her Jan! Our fur babies are so very orecious, and it's so difficult when they're not feeling quite right because they can't talk to us and let us know! I'm sure with care and medication she will be good as new very soon, but nonetheless I'm sending up a prayer for her right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor sweet Rosie! I hope she heals quickly and feels better very soon! I will be sure to say a prayer for her. That must have been so scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, Oh poor Rosie. Just said a prayer for her to heal quickly. I know these can be scary and it looks so sore. Sending little puppy hugs her way.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jan,
    Just getting caught up with my sweet friends in blog land and I see you have had concerns with your sweet Rosie (I love her name)
    I just know with your loving care she will be all better very soon.
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete