Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas 2017 In My Sitting Room

This Christmas was quiet...just me and the Pups. 

I got my Cinnamon Rolls baked and handed out to neighbors and friends.

The Pups and I watched movies after everything was cleaned up and we all enjoyed a few treats.


My Son, Stephen and his wife, Lindsey [above, getting their Christmas tree this year] sent me an on-line Gift Certificate for PetCo.  I ordered the pups some food and some treats...and they arrived yesterday.  I didn't have much food when they returned last week and knew I needed to order it, but didn't want to have to spend much money, with the shortage of money I currently have...or don't have, really.  

So that was perfect timing...the gift certificate.  My son is aware of the financial situation and what's been going on here and he decided to give me something that I could really use.  I'm so proud of him and his wife.  They are so thoughtful and I nice.  I can't wait til their baby boy arrives in March.  My goodness how that time has flown.  It seems like yesterday that Stephen was telling me they were expecting!  I'm going to be a Grandma!

I received a bottle of BareFoot Pinot Grigio Wine from a friend...it's been years since I purchased or enjoyed any wine.

Got lots of love and affection from the Pups.  They enjoyed the snow we got for Christmas...me, not so much.  I was glad to have them home for the Holidays.


Another Christmas Gift arrived yesterday, quite unexpectedly.  I was waiting for my pups' nail clippers, some other food and treats to arrive, from Chewy.com to arrive...and since I had 2 separate tracking numbers for Chewy, I figured they had to send the smaller things separate from the larger bag of food.  I got the smaller package first and opened it.  I had 4 individually wrapped in red tissue paper "somethings" and couldn't figure out what they could be.  They weren't clippers and they weren't treats.  So, I took one and began unwrapping it and saw a beautifully painted portrait on canvas of Jasper.  Oh my...tears began rolling down my cheeks.  Then I opened the next and it was another equally beautifully painted portratit...of Rosie.  The next was another portrait on canvas...of Angel.  I began crying.  The last package I opened held the beautifully painted portrait of my dog, Benny.

You see, last month when I ordered food for the pups, I knew [or thought I knew] it would be the last time, since they were going to be re-homed, due to my finances and the house up for sale.  So, I decided to send an email to the owners of Chewy.com, the place I'd been purchasing all things pup related for the last I don't know how many years.  Each year, they send a beautiful Christmas card with a hand-written message inside...straight from their hearts.  They have the best Customer Service I've ever come across.  They are a fantastic group of people!!  [BTW, I'm not getting anything for praising them and their organization...this is straight from my heart!!]  I told them the pups were going to be re-homed and I would be deleting my account on Chewy.com.  I thanked them for everything they do for all their customers, not just me.  I shared a photo of the 4 pups and said all these pups thank you too...and have enjoyed everything their Mommy has purchased for them through the years.  Here is the photo I sent along with my Christmas message to them...
Okay, are you ready?  Here are the four paintings I received as a Gift from Chewy.com of my Four Precious PuppyKids.






This was the BEST Christmas Surprise I could have ever received.  What a shock!  I wrapped them up and took them to two neighbors homes to show them off.  I couldn't believe it.  Thank you so much Chewy Team!!!  You made my Christmas!  Now, when the Pups have to leave me [again] for their new homes, I will definitely have something to remember them all by.

Do you see that the paintings were done from the photo I shared with them?

What a special company...and group of people.

Hope everyone of you had a Great Christmas!  And I wish you all a Happy New Year!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful Christmas present, that was! It sure is nice to know that people care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Jan. Your son and his wife have a wonderful heart. Congrats on your upcoming grandchild. Chewy.com sounds like a very caring organization. I am hoping things will work out and you can keep your pups. You give them the best care ever. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful gift to have of your sweet pups. They do sound like a wonderful company and so thoughtful.So glad your puppykids are home with you for the time being. What a nightmare from the home warranty company. So glad that is all worked out now, but how awful at the time.
    Congrats on the upcoming grandchild. So happy you have this to look forward too in the couple months ahead. Prayers for you that 2018 will be a better year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete