Sunday, December 7, 2014

Light Fixtures

Click to Enlarge

One thing leads to another and then another when you start thinking about how you can make something in your home look more beautiful.  That's exactly what happened to me {again...}!  I've recently rearranged the things I had in my Dining Room...actually, I moved most items OUT of my Dining Room to another room, including the Dining Room table.  You may remember when I got a new chandelier for over that Dining Room table...here.  I also made some adorable Rose Blinged Lampshades for it.  Now, I couldn't move that chandelier to the place I moved the dining room table...
but I decided to keep it in the old Dining Room, right where it was hanging before.  I had a tiered table I put beneath it so no one would hit or run into it...until I decided if it really worked there.  While trying to decide whether the Chandelier worked or not, I came up with another idea.  We'd get rid of the ceiling fan and light over the Kitchen island...and hang the chandelier there.
Oops...I knew right away I didn't like it there...and didn't think I would to begin with...but it was a way to get hubby to take down the ceiling fan and get him thinking...or not.  Next thing I said was...Hmmmm, I guess we need a different type of chandelier!  I'm going to look on-line to see who has what!!  Then I ordered and it was in stock.  Paid for it and when the order was sitting and waiting...hubby was dispatched to drive 2 miles to pick it up.  {he actually found out that he had 3 boxes to pick up, because I had ordered a couple of other things}

Upon arriving back at the castle house, I had him hang the Chandelier first.  Oh yeah...it was gorgeous (photos of it to come when Kitchen re-do is finished)!  Then the light over the Kitchen sink was hung.  Finally, the light pendant {seen at beginning of this post} was hung over the 2 tiered table in the former Dining Room.  Oh baby, was I happy.  Then...hubby got to install a dimmer switch for the Chandelier.  DONE.

Here are the other lights:

Sink Light


Chandelier


Pendant


and now I am going to order the Floor Lamp that matches all of these lights for the Great Room.  Everything is open concept, so it will look beautiful!


All in Dark Oil-Rubbed Bronze
by Allen-Roth
"Eastview"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, WOW you know I love these light fixtures as I have the same ones in my kitchen. That large chandy is over the island, the ceiling lamp is inside the stove hearth and the pendants are over the bar. I don't have the floor lamp and I love that one too. HMMMM where could I place that one??? LOL
    Anyway, my island chandy has a second row of lights and without the bottom globe, but all else is the same from Roth Allen. You are going to love this design. I added crystals to my chandy but they can easily be removed it I want a new look.
    Can't wait to see your kitchen and dining room reveal. I know it will be wonderful.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs and Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete