Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Animal Print

The trend of dark rooms, black, blue, brown – started a while ago, but they have exploded recently.  Aerin Lauder’s living room has been dark for years.  A very popular interior, it probably was an inspiration for many of the dark interiors of today.  Mixed with the animal print and velvet pillows, it is gorgeous.  Just looking at this beautiful photograph, I can imagine myself sitting there on that sofa...amidst all the leopard print...cushions and pillows and crystal decanters. 
I'd feel right at home there...content, secure and relaxed.  I love the dark color on the walls, the white woodwork...the glow of the lamplight.  It's one elegant, grown-up and sexy room!
Talk about "finding my style" - this is it!  
The next photo is the opposite side of the room...where there are windows and french doors and where the bookcases were painted the same as the moldings in white – which brings relief to the dark room.   Green velvet – another trend fabric - covers slipper chairs. 

I just have fallen all over in love again with Animal print...gold and black for decorating.  The golds can be anything from bright and shiny to deep and rich.  Black has always been a favorite accent color, but I've also used it as a main color on a sectional and loved it.  Pairing anything with Animal Print, namely Leopard and Cheetah...just make my heart flutter.
At lease I'm certain I've gone down the right path with my latest decorating around the house...not that I doubted what I was doing was what I wanted.  After seeing all of this beauty, I know I have captured some for myself.
It's important for us to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment