Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Working On My Blog

One of the items I needed to make for my Blog, was my Blog Button, which looks like the one ON THE LEFT, but has the HTML, so it has the photo and the link and is available to be put on someone's blog.  All anyone has to do is copy, paste and save that HTML in an HTML widget and it will show the button without the HTML {like above} and have a built-in link to the person's blog.  You can also see my Button on my side-bar.  In the past, I tried many ways in which to get a Blog Button made with the HTML.  I could do the 150x150 picture just fine...I prefer that size, because it's useable on most Blog side-bars... but getting it to work was troublesome to say 
the least.

That is until one day when I was searching the web for something for my blog...I found
Grab My Button Code Generator
and gave it a try.

All you have to do is...

Enter your information on the 3 lines, just as I did for my Blog Button - and if you have your Blog Button photo saved on Photobucket, you simply click on the Direct Link and insert it on the 3rd line.

Where it talks about Container Type {in orage}, if you don't know which box to check {Textarea or Pre}, just click on the Help me find out! and it will tell you which to use.  Easy Peasy so far, right?

This photo shows my Link on the line for my Blog Button photo from PhotoBucket and the Textarea box checked.

Okay, all you need to do is go past all the colors you can change {I don't use them, because I like the colors chosen for me} and click on the yellow Preview button on the left {You can  see it a little on the photo above.  The preview of your button is right in front of you!  Simply click on the green "GET CODE" button...

and this is your code {OK, not yours until you put your information in it - this is my code...LOL!}.  All you need to do is click on Select and the text highlights...just copy and paste it into an HTML Gadget, by clicking on your Blog Layout screen.  Enter it and Save...and check your Blog.

It's taken me far longer to write this post than to make your Blog Button will take you.  If you have any questions about this, leave me a comment.  I hope it helps you do some creating.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tutorial but, I think I would probably mess something up knowing me... What is the button for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're so far more advanced technically than I am, Jan! But I did take the chance to get to know you better and read more of your posts and enjoyed them so much. Your blog is heartfelt and beautiful and I look forward to reading more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good info for people who want a blog button. Makes it easy to create. I just got your email, so I am addressing the issue. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, great lesson on creating a button for those that share these. Yours is really nice and reflects all you have going on with your blog. You are so talented my friend. Have fun and a wonderful rest of the week.
    Blessings and Hugs

    ReplyDelete