Thursday, September 21, 2023

Dog Art - Dean Russo


I've had 5 dogs during my adult life and I've loved them!  This post is about an artist that LOVES dogs too and love to paint them.  I thought these paintings really showed off the dogs!  

Art and animals; these two passions defines Dean Russo. A Brooklyn, New York based artist who uses vibrant Pop Art colors and bold abstract patterns to give a voice to his favorite subject - animals. Dean grew up in a home filled with art supplies, and from an early age began drawing cartoon characters, which became a great influence in his later work. After studying graphic design and fine arts at the School of Visual Arts and Pratt Institute, Dean began to paint primarily celebrity portraits, but his two Cocker Spaniels became his greatest inspiration.  “They would sit at my feet every night, so one day, I decided to paint them.”


Dean starts his paintings with the eyes, because, as every animal-lover knows, the eyes are the most expressive. Dean’s main subjects are dogs, with pit bulls representing the majority of his work. “Pit bulls are a misunderstood breed, and I’m just happy to be able to get the message about animal rescue out there.” Dean Russo Art Studio has a sincere dedication to animal rescue, and has participated in charity auctions, donations and fund-raising events to raise awareness and help out in the animal welfare community. Dean hopes to convey the care and devotion of animal-lovers of every kind, from dogs and cats to horses and beyond. He has a wildlife series in the works, as a way to support the countless animals on the verge of extinction. Through inspiring messages and bright prints, he hopes to depict the connection between us and animals. 

Dean Russo, Artist


All Artwork used with permission of Dean Russo Art






I just LOVE the Beauty in all of these Animals - their eyes...the colors Dean chose to paint them...and the mosaic of each painting is so intriguing.

I hope you enjoyed this Art - and that you're Smiling!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan! Oh, I love his work! How creative and colorful. This is awful, but we were checking on what you have to do to take a dog into Canada. No problem unless you have a pit bull and the pit bull will be euthanized on the spot! I know they can be terribly violent but I have met some that are as sweet as Chloe Dawn. Thank you for popping in to see me and I'm so glad you like my little dolls. I like your new header.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Shelia! You're right...Dean's work is so colorful and creative.

      That's awful about the pit bull being euthanized on the spot if trying to take it into Canada. Tom and I almost adopted a Pit Bull when we first started looking for a dog. She was the sweetest girl...slightly overweight from spending so much time in her cage at the Humane Society in Monroe. But she was bright, playful and tender! And a character for sure. The community we live in does not allow "Pits"...or that's what we were told by the office. (You need to have any Pet pre-approved by the management.) The neighbor behind us has a "Pit"...and it's a nasty one. Not surprising though since those neighbors aren't too friendly. It's so unfair to judge a breed of dog as violent - when it's more than likely the owners who made the dog that way.

      I'm glad you like my new header. I love making them - I'm sure you do too!

      Delete