Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Apartment Living - Where My Dog Teddy and I Lived a Year Ago

HOME SWEET HOME


A Year ago, Teddy, my ShihTzu and I lived in this small 1-bedroom apartment.  Within a few days of moving in, we met most of the other tenants and someone who turned out to be a very good friend.  It was comfortable, but I had plans for making it much more than just comfortable.


We had the necessary things like...a Bed, A Dinette Table, TV, 2 Recliners and all the necessary kitchen untensils to be able to cook.  But I wanted homey and very very comfortable.


But Artwork, Lamps, An Area Rug, Entertainment center/stand and a Love Seat, as well as a few other things were still needed to accomplish my vision.  When I saw a sign for an Estate Sale I had to stop.  I'd never been to one before so I didn't have any idea what to expect.  With my money in my purse - mind you I had a small budget with which to complete my mission of making an apartment into a warm, loving home.  I had a $1000 budget.  I walked into a beautiful old Farm House and I immediately heard items calling my name.  Does that ever happen to you?  You walk into a shop and things call your name?


I quickly knew that most of what I wanted/needed was right here in that home and the prices were reasonable, too!  Several items I knew would go relatively quickly and weren't the most expensive of the ones I wanted so I tagged them, checked out and got them home.  The others could wait for a better discount day.


So I waited for the BEST DISCOUNT day and just as I hoped, everything was still there and mine for the tagging.  I paid for those items and headed home.  75% off...what a bargain!


I only splurged on ONE item, when I walked into a little shop in Plymouth, WI.  It put me over my intended budget...but by only $100.  The Burgundy Leather/vinyl Love Seat did it...but it's beautiful and very comfortable.


This is how my apartment look after getting everything in place.  It was everything I could have hoped for...It was HOME.  

The total spent for most of the items...Was $1100.




1 comment:

  1. What a neat place, I loved this classic touch in the decor.

    ReplyDelete