Thursday, November 14, 2013

LaStone Massage

Reasons Why I Love LaStone Massage  
*a new experience
*the heat of the stones is so relaxing
*deep massage is easier with the stones
*I could just fall asleep while I get this massage
*Relaxing - Centering - Balancing
*the Healing I've experienced
*improvement in my overall health...


In May of 2012...I was diagnosed with a SEVERE case of Bell's Palsy...but, with continued treatments, including LaStone {none of the Steroids or Anti-Virals}, I contine to improve.  The most recent treatment I decided to experience is LaStone Therapy.  I am delighted with it.  After 2 - 90 minute treatments, I've experienced a number of new sensations and movements in facial muscles and
no longer have pain in my neck and jaw...and around my ear.  Just sleeping on a pillow on my right (BP) side, hurt around my ear...and now there is no pain.  Even the numbness I had throughout the past 18 months is totally gone.  

Now...will LaStone Therapy do the same for everyone with the symptoms I've had?  Will each therapist perform the treatment with such care and intuitiveness as mine does?  Heidi continues to treat my symptoms that have persisted with care and is delighted when I make improvements. 

Here is some information about LaStone Therapy from Heidi's website:

"The Original Hot Stone Massage"  This session offers a blend of energy balancing, therapeutic massage & total relaxation.  Heated basalt stones cradle your body in warmth & are tools for a full body massage.  Cool marble stones are placed on the energy centers for balance & harmony.  Together the stones offer a multidimensional experience connecting the mind, body, and spirit.

My advice to anyone in pain, having residuals from Bell's Palsy, a stroke or any other debilitating condition is to try everything you can to make you feel as good as you can feel - and to make yourself as whole as you can - preferably without the use of medications.  I know alot of people who continually complain about their current condition or health concern, but when asked what they're doing for themselves, they say..."well, nothing - at least nothing more than the doctor says...like medications and stuff like that".  That's sad.  We have to take care of ourselves too.  Try it...see what helps you.  I have and have made wonderful strides in restoring movement to the muscles in my face, head and neck...and look almost totally recovered.  Even to myself!!! 

LaStone Massage is explained so well in this email, that arrived during the night - direct from Heidi, my massage therapist.  If you are in the area - give Heidi a call and schedule your LaStone Massage.

{I share this in hope that you seek out proper treatment for your health concerns and over-all wellness.  Heidi has not paid me in any way to share this information with you.  She has simply helped me in more ways than I can count.}




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, You sure have come a long way on your journey with BP. I am so glad stone massage has helped you as well. Great info you share. I pray you continue to improve as you have.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete