Wednesday, March 19, 2014

French Country Style...Veranda Magazine

California Cool
Grandeur need not be measured in square feet and ornate details. "There's a certain nobility in simplicity," says Greg Stewart (ODADA), of this pared-down French country–style home on 34 acres in Carmel Valley, California. "The mountain view is so inspiring and peaceful that I wanted the interiors to carry that feeling through with understated colors, finishes, and furnishings. The most luxurious rooms are, after all, the ones that relax you."

Defined Seating

With two distinct seating areas anchored by plush contemporary upholstery and Old World chairs in pale linen and leather, the living room doubles as a great hall for entertaining.

Streamlined and Stately

The architect and interior design team sought to produce a contemporary version of French neoclassical design, at once streamlined and stately. "The inspiration came from the work of Louis XIV's military engineer, who modernized all the forts in the country," Stewart explains.

Simple and Natural

"I wanted this house to bring in the beautiful colors of the landscape," he says. "In this setting, the simpler and more natural, the better."

Panoramic Views

Limestone carries throughout the home...outside to the patio


See more of this remarkable home


Thanks for joining me today, as I showed you one of my favorite Magazines!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, wow what a wonderful setting and view for the gorgeous home. I have not seen this mag yet. Love the simple but elegant design of the rooms. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I subscribe too and I loved this home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Restful and serene-lovely inspiration!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that kitchen!!!
    The blue back splash and blue checked chairs melt my heart away!
    Coming by because you left a comment on my home tour blog - now happily following you!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete