Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Jasper's Watercolor Portrait

On the left is a picture of Jasper, who is a nearly 6 year old male Maltese.  He weighs 7#. He is all white, except for his brown eyes,  black nose and black lips.  This is the photo of him that I sent to the Artist.  I loved the dark grey/black houndstooth background behind him and wanted to make sure that he incorporated that into the painting and I think he did a good job of that.  Since I'm not an artist {at least in this medium}, I was quite curious as to how one would paint an all white dog. As you can see, the painting of Jasper on the left has lots of shadows in amongst the white!  I love the way Jasper looks in his painting {below}, the artist captured the glow in Jasper's eyes...that makes him, HIM. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, Oh this is so great. I love it. The artist did an amazing job and loved the video. I have 2 pencil drawings I did of my Miss B before she left this world. So glad I have those now. I am so happy you found an artist do to this and so well. Wonderful!!
    Have a great day and stay warm. Hugs

    ReplyDelete