Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Console

When we moved into our New Home in March of 2006, we didn't bring or move much of anything from Hubby's old house.  We had a Huge Moving Sale and sold nearly everything.  We wanted to start out fresh in our new home.  So, we ordered everything and had most everything delivered within the first couple days of our move.  One item was delivered about 2 weeks later...
and it was so pretty.  The console that you see in the right of the photos below.  Since Red was my accent color then...it was a great addition to our Great Room.
Then as I changed things around and changed out the red for other, more muted tones,
the Console needed a new treatment.  This was in 2008.  Before I'd heard of Chalk Paint - 
just shortly after I started blogging.


I began by spray painting the entire console with Black Paint.

  
Then I mixed a Glaze of Bronze and Gold and applied it in a horizontal way across the top
of the console and the front of the cabinet. 


Perhaps you're wondering why the doors look different.

After applying the glaze on the doors, I took a cloth and stippled the glaze, allow some
small patches of the black to show through.  It turned out perfect!


Well, Almost Perfect!  I knew something was missing and then one day,
the little cabinet spoke to me and asked me to "dress" her up!
So, out came the Fleur-de-Lis stencil and black paint and before I knew it,
all 3 doors had a Fleur-de-Lis stenciled on it.


Then, of course, I added a little "Bling" with stick on Jewels!!

What do you think?  Isn't it perfect?

14 comments:

  1. Morning Jan! Hope you are doing well!!

    I am not around much as so many things have been going on I just don't have the mental energy to blog. (I'm guessing you probably saw my whiney post before I deleted it. lol) I think I will have a fresh start soon (yes again!lol) Blogging just doesn't let you go completely.

    Anyway, I remember this post when you changed your console. Still looks pretty in your home with its new "coat". I'm not sure that chalk paint is all it's hyped up to be? I would like to see the stuff up close and personal because I like a clean professional paint job if I'm going to go through the work of painting. I'm guessing the finish isn't as good as what people are showing in their staged photos???

    BTW..you change your blog layout as much as I stop and start blogging!!!lol Pretty as always.

    Have a great day and thanks for stopping by
    sincerely, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Jan, and what a great little cabinet. Love the fleurs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, Your transformation turned out gorgeous. What a beautiful piece and the addition of the stencil makes it perfect along with your gemstones.
    I love the wall above and your grouping too. Very warm and cozy with the lamp glow.

    Happy Creating my friend,
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! It was lovely before, but you did a really wonderful job on giving it a makeover. Your blog is very pretty, too. Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Jan! Oh, I love this little cabinet and of course you did a great job! You should join some of the 'show off' parties so more folks could see it!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation on your cabinet! Thanks for your visit to my blog and your kind words. Have a great week! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, your little console table looks so updated and pretty. I love how you transformed it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that is so BEAUTIFUL!!! you are talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always say that everything is better with a little French flair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The console is gorgeous. Love the Fleur de lis. Such a gorgeous transformation. From your newest follower, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both but the transformation is genius, especially that fleur-de-lis piece de resistance. Beautiful!
    XOXO's

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowie! you are good! just beautiful and classy!

    ReplyDelete