Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Time for Tea

Welcome to My Tea Party.Today I am serving Winterberry Cream Tea from Elaine's Tea Shoppe in Toledo, Ohio.  Winterberry Cream Tea is a luscious flavor blend yet, ripe with cherry, cranberry, raspberry and blackberry all melded together with a rich creamy undertone. A delicious way to warm up on a chilly winter's day...and it's a chilly day here.  It's one of my favorite teas.  Here is my Tea Cart, in one corner of the Dining Room, decked...
out for Tea.

All of my pretty Tea Cups and Saucers on the tiered holder, a special creamer & sugar bowl and Tea Pot...stand along with the Hospitality Angel by Jim Shore. This pretty wall shelf {below} is something I picked up at a re-sale/antique shop for $8.  Yes only $8!  I used a Rose Scalloped Wall paper border to dress it up and added some vintage crocheted doilies...then carefully placed my pretty tea cups and saucers on it.

Watch for a post soon to see where this shelf has been moved and what else has happened to it!




In another corner of my Dining Room, stands a Black Bachelor's Chest with a pretty embroidered linen runner.  Sometimes, when we're having more than 4 for dinner or a tea party, I bring out my 2-seat bench from the Master Bedroom.  That was such a GREAT buy from a local furniture store.  I only paid $129 for it and it has a seat about the color of the shelf hanging on the wall behind it and the rest is painted black.  It's sturdy and pretty.  There are a few Tea-related pretties on the table - My tea pot in it's Tea Cozy and a cloche.


Here, you catch a glimpse of the Crystal Chandelier that once hung here.  Although it was pretty, it was a bit too small for the space.  Click HERE to see what has hung here before and now what's taken it's place.


Here's a close-up of the Bachelor's Chest, complete with a Rose painted Vase filled with dried Hydrangeas, a Beautiful crystal heart draped cake stand with a cloche covering a tea cup and saucer and 2 adorable bunnies - Old Country Roses by Royal Albert Creamer and Sugar Bowl.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
For those of you who may have missed my Bell's Palsy Video Update Post that I was trying to post on Tuesday, click HERE and you'll be able to see it.  It didn't get posted that day, due to my FANTASTIC DAY I had!! 


5 comments:

  1. Hello Jan,
    Your dining room is totally perfect for tea! It is all decked out beautifully! I love your little tea cart with all the lovely tea items on top. And all your tea cups are so romantic looking! Such lovely patterns!
    Thank you for sharing your home with us, and for sharing about your BP. You have such a positive attitude that I am sure is helping in your recovery. You inspire me! I am wishing you much continued improvement! I watched your video and think you look so lovely!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Elaine's many times! I live about 15 min from there! I will have try Winterberry Cream!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm tea is my favorite winter drink. My little grand girls are asking me to have another tea party and I just might after Easter. There is something so special about a cup of tea and quiet reflection, don't you think?
    You have lovely tea things and your cups are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet shelf - also lovely lamp and tea things! Would love to have you come link at my "Friends Sharing Tea" party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,
    I enjoyed seeing your lovely tea things and how you displayed them so beautifully. Your Winterberry tea sounds perfect for a cold winter day! Wishing you a good evening!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete