Thursday, February 7, 2013

I've Been Crocheting...

 Well, with the chilly cold air and all the snow, I decided to pull out some yarn and start crocheting again.  With my Bell's Palsy and problem with my eye not closing and then closing, but not tightly,   I couldn't crochet, because little flecks of yarn would come off and somehow find their way into my eye.  Now that my eye works perfectly fine again, I can crochet!   
I purchased a new-to-me yarn by Red Heart Sashay to crochet a scarf. Since I had never worked with this yarn, I wanted a practice scarf before I made a scarf... for a special project.  I worked with the yarn a bit and then decided for myself how I was going to make it into a scarf. 

It was certainly fun...easy and I think it turned into a wonderfully pretty scarf, too!  See all the sparkles?  They're on  one edge of the yarn, which comes flat and about 1/2" wide.  You open out the mesh and crochet in the opposite edge from the sparkles to make it into this lush and pretty scarf!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan- what a beautiful scarf and such a worthy project- that is a mighty tug on my heart. Thank you for your visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, your scarf turned out gorgeous. I loved creating mine too and it was so much fun to participate in the pink scarf project. I love the colors in the yarn you chose.

    I have made several for gifts and also for a dress form too. These are so quick.
    Happy Sashaying,
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete